Last Updated on December 7, 2023 by Rick Spiegel
If the passengers want to cancel a Spirit Airlines flight ticket due to an emergency or immediate change in plan, they can go through the Spirit Airlines cancellation policy. For their travelers, Spirit has developed several policies. The passengers should be aware of the rules and regulations governing the cancellation of Spirit Airlines flights on both domestic and international routes.
- In case you need to cancel or reschedule it, Spirit Airlines offers you the facility to cancel your flight tickets 24 hours before the trip.
- All flight tickets are fully refundable for cancellations if it is canceled within 24 hours of ticket purchase and are scheduled 7 or more days ahead.
- Spirit Airlines provides refunds for involuntary cancellations irrespective of the fare.
- If there are unusual circumstances, such as a death or unavoidable illness, that prevent a passenger from boarding a flight, they may be eligible for a full refund with proper documentation and Spirit Airlines staff consent.
- Canceling the Spirit flight 60 days before departure is eligible for a full refund.
- 24-Hour Cancellation Policy of Spirit Airlines
- Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy for Various Tickets
- Spirit Airlines Cancellation Fee
- How to Cancel Spirit Airlines Flight Booking?
- Spirit Airlines Cancellation Refund Policy
- Flight Canceled by Spirit Airlines
- Cancel For Any Reason Protection
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Does Spirit give refunds if you cancel a flight?
- How do I get a full refund from Spirit Airlines?
- Why won’t Spirit Airlines give me a refund?
- Does Spirit Airlines provide a 24-hour risk-free cancellation policy?
- How much does Spirit Airlines charge for cancellation?
- How to cancel a booking through the Spirit Airlines mobile app?
- How much time does Spirit Airlines take to provide a refund?
- What is Spirit Airlines Cancel For Any Reason Protection?
In case you want to receive a full refund while traveling with Spirit Airlines, then your flight booking can be canceled based on any one of the listed below reason:
The 24-hour cancellation policy of Spirit Airlines applies to the flight tickets bought, which even includes the non-refundable tickets. According to American Airlines Cancellation Policy, travelers will receive a full refund if they cancel the booking within 24 hours of purchase. But, the flights will be eligible for refund only if they are scheduled seven days ahead. It should be noted that the above 2 conditions must be fulfilled to claim the 24-hour cancellation policy of Spirit Airlines. If the passenger does not fulfill any one of the listed criteria, he/she is not eligible for a full refund.
Let us now discuss how Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy works for Standard, Award, and Flex tickets.
- You are eligible to cancel the booking up to one hour before departure.
- Canceling the standard tickets within 60 days will incur cancellation charges.
- Spirit Airlines will refund the amount in the form of Reservation Credits after cancellation. The credits are non-transferable.
- According to Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy, travelers are eligible to cancel their Free Spirit reward flight ticket.
- However, they cannot do it online and have to connect with Spirit via phone call.
- The cancellation charges will depend on the time of revoking the booking. It is similar to that of standard tickets.
- After paying the cancellation charges, Spirit Airlines will redeposit the points back to the account.
- Flex is an optional service available on Spirit Airlines.
- If the passenger has purchased Flex tickets, then they can make one change in their booking for free.
- There will be no waiver on cancellation fees for Spirit Airlines Flex tickets.
- Standard cancellation charges will apply.
According to Spirit Airlines Cancellation Policy, travelers have to pay cancellation fee for revoking their booking. Listed below are the fees charged based on the days before the flight ticket cancellation before departure scheduled at Spirit Airlines:
- For a flight ticket canceled between 31-59 days before the departure- USD 69 is charged.
- On the other hand, for flight tickets canceled between 7-30 days before the departure- USD 99 is charged.
- Moreover, if the passenger cancels the flight ticket between 0-6 days before the departure- USD 119 is charged.
- There will be no cancellation fee if the traveler cancels their Spirt Airlines booking 60 days before departure.
If the passengers want to cancel the Spirit Airlines Flight ticket for free, without any extra charges, and want to get a full refund, they need to:
- Cancel the flight in less than 24 hours after booking and the flight departure should be at least 7 days later.
- Cancel the flight ticket at least 60 days before departure.
Spirit Airlines allows its passengers to cancel flights simply and easily, without any hassle. Travelers can do it via phone, online, or in person at a ticket office. Listed below are some of the procedures, which can be followed while canceling a flight with Spirit Airlines:
Cancel your Spirit Airlines ticket online by following the given steps:
- Search Spirit Airlines.com
- Now, click on the My Bookings tab at the lower portion of the webpage.
- Please provide the following details:
- Reservation code
- When you click Find Bookings, your booking summary will show all refundable bookings.
- Click the Cancellation button after choosing the flight booking you want to cancel.
- Confirm the cancellation.
You may cancel your flight booking with Spirit Airlines by phone at +1-855-728-3555 (toll-free, open 24/7)), online, at a ticket counter, or by working with a travel agency.
The other contact numbers related to Spirit Airlines flight booking cancellations are listed below:
- Text: 48763
- WhatsApp: 855-728-3555
- Assistance (hearing impaired): 711 (for TTY/TTD)
- Spirit Airlines Vacations: +1-954-698-0125 (Mon-Fri, 8:00 am–10 pm, EST), incl. holidays
Spirit Airlines offers refunds to all refundable tickets and some exceptional non-refundable tickets. The process of the refund at Spirit Airlines is really simple, easy, and quick.
You are eligible for a full refund under Spirit Airline’s refund and return policy if:
- You booked your flight and canceled it within 24 hours after booking. However, it is only applicable if the flight is scheduled after 7 days or more.
- Spirit Airlines cancels the flight that you booked.
- You are unable to make it to your flight because of an unexpected sickness or death.
If a passenger cancels their booking after the grace period, Spirit Airlines provides a refund in the form of Reservation Credit in their Spirit account for future travel. Spirit will deposit back all the reward points after cancellation in case of award flight bookings.
- According to Spirit Airlines Refund Policy, refundable tickets will be reimbursed if purchased with a credit card within 7 days and with cash or a cheque within 20 days. The refund, however, could take longer given the significant backlog.
- All refunds will be processed in the same way as the original payment was made for the ticket; for example, payments paid with a credit card will be credited back to that card’s account.
- All taxes and fees associated with entirely unused tickets that are eligible for a full refund will also be fully repaid.
Under special circumstances, Spirit Airlines may cancel the flight. In such a situation, Spirit Airlines offers a few options to their passengers.
- Spirit will rebook the ticket for passengers for the same itinerary.
- Travelers can choose to rebook their ticket in the next seven days.
- If a passenger wants to claim a refund for the flight that was canceled by Spirit Airlines, a refund form needs to be filled up.
- If due to involuntary cancellation traveler has to do overnight stays, Spirit will offer reimbursement for accommodation.
Spirit Airlines provides a protection option on flight bookings – Cancel For Any Reason.
Under this protection program travelers flying on Spirit irrespective of their fare class can cancel their booking up to 24 hours before flight departure without paying any cancellation charges.
- The fee to purchase Cancel For Any Reason Protection is non-refundable.
- It is an optional service.
- Travelers can purchase it online at the time of booking. Thus, it cannot be purchased for existing reservations.
- Cancel For Any Reason will apply to all flights and all passengers on the reservation.
There are two coverage options under Cancel For Any Reason.
100% Coverage – A 100% refund for the initial cost of booking or a 100% refund in the form of a Reservation Credit valid for one year.
80% Coverage – An 80% refund for the initial cost of booking or an 80% refund in the form of a Reservation Credit valid for one year.
Yes, Spirit Airlines provides a refund if you choose to cancel your flight. The refund amount depends on the time of cancellation. Also, depending on fare conditions, a refund will be provided in the original form of payment or reservation credit.
You will get a full refund from Spirit Airlines under a few special conditions.
- The flight is canceled by Spirit.
- You cancel the ticket due to a medical emergency.
- Also, if you cancel the booking in the first 24 hours after purchasing the ticket.
The refund on Spirit Airlines depends on the conditions of the fare. For non-refundable fares, Spirit Airlines provides reservation credit for future travel bookings. Moreover, if you have a promotional fare, then you will not receive any refund in case of cancellation.
If you buy your ticket at least 7 days before the scheduled departure of your flight and cancel it within 24 hours of the flight booking, the Spirit Airlines 24-hour Cancellation Policy allows you to do so without experiencing any fees. This holds for all ticket kinds, even those that are non-refundable.
The cancellation fee on Spirit Airlines depends on the time of cancellation.
|More than 60 Days
|31- 59 Days
You need to log in to your Spirit account. After that, click on the My Trips option. Enter the passenger’s name and booking reference number to access the flight details. Now choose the “Cancel Flight” option and proceed with the on-screen steps.
Spirit Airlines refundable tickets will be reimbursed if purchased with a credit card within 7 days and with cash or a cheque within 20 days.
Cancel For Any Reason Protection allows travelers to cancel their booking up to 24 hours before departure without incurring any cancellation fee. It is an optional service available on selected flights at the time of booking only.