Last Updated on December 7, 2023 by Rick Spiegel
Alaska Airlines understands passengers and knows that their travel plans may change and they might cancel flight tickets. So Alaska Airlines provides a flexible Cancellation Policy to their passengers.
- Travelers can cancel their booking if they have purchased a ticket from alaskaair.com, the Alaska Airlines reservation call center, or an Alaska ticket counter.
- Alaska Airlines does not charge any cancellation fee for canceling Main and First Class fares.
- All fares are eligible for Alaska Airlines 24-Hour Flight Cancellation Policy.
- Travelers cannot cancel the group reservation through the official website or the app.
- According to Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy, reservations containing unaccompanied minors cannot be canceled online. Travelers have to contact Alaska’s executive.
- There are times, when Alaska Airlines cancels the flight ticket of the passenger due to flight overbooking or due to some other reason, in that case, the passenger can ask for a full refund by connecting to the travel expert at Alaska Airlines.
- Alaska Airlines 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
- Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy for Refundable Fares
- Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy for Non-Refundable Fares
- Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy: Death and Illness
- How to Cancel Alaska Airlines Flight Ticket?
- Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee
- Alaska Airlines Refund Policy
- Alaska Airlines Cancelled Flight Policy
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy?
- What does Alaska Airlines do for canceled flights?
- Does Alaska Airlines charge for cancellation?
- Does Alaska Airlines refund for canceled flights?
- What is Alaska Airlines 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
- What if a traveler cancels an Alaska Airlines flight after 24 hours?
- Which Alaska Airlines tickets are eligible for online cancellation?
- How long does Alaska Airlines take to process the refund?
- When traveling from or to the USA the passenger has the facility to cancel the flight ticket without any extra cost.
- Passengers who book their flight from the official platforms of Alaska Airlines can cancel their ticket within 24 hours of booking to avoid cancellation fees.
- However, only tickets that are scheduled for travel beginning more than 24 hours after the date of purchase are subject to the Alaska Airlines 24-hour cancellation policy.
- The airline will provide a full refund under this policy.
- It applies to all fares including Saver fares.
- If the traveler fails to cancel the ticket within 24 hours of booking, then the standard cancellation policy of Alaska Airlines applies.
Travelers flying on Refundable Main and First Class tickets can cancel their booking without any cancellation charges. Travelers will receive a full refund. The refund will be credited to the original source of payment.
Travelers are also eligible to cancel their non-refundable tickets. Non-refundable tickets on Alaska Airlines come with certain restrictions. Passengers can cancel them for free but the refund will be in the form of travel credit. Travelers will receive travel credit as a refund which will be valid for one year from the date of issue.
Alaska Airlines provides a full refund to the original mode of payment in case of death(of the passenger or someone close to the passenger), in case of serious health issues or illness, or for someone on army Duty. The full refund including the processing fee or any other extras fee will be refunded back to the passenger’s account.
So far we have discussed the cancellation policy of Alaska Airlines. Let us now look at the ways to cancel the booking. Passengers will benefit if the cancellation is done.
There are two very basic methods to cancel a flight ticket with Alaska Airlines.
- Online – Official website or app
- Offline – Via phone call
All valid Alaska Airlines flight bookings are eligible for online flight cancellation. You can follow these steps.
- Login to your Alaska Airlines account.
- Click on Manage in the top menu.
- Enter the last name of the passenger and confirmation/ticket number.
- After that click on the “Continue” button.
- Your trip details will appear on the screen.
- Choose the “Cancel Flight” option from the list.
- Review the cancellation policy and click on the Agree button to proceed.
- You will see a confirmation option on your screen stating your ticket details and the refund value.
- In the end, click on the ‘Confirm’ button and it’s done.
- Another method to revoke your flight booking is to call Alaska Airlines.
- You can dial 1-800-252-7522 and request a cancellation. It is a toll-free number which is available 24*7.
- You need to keep the flight details handy for a quick process.
– Flight confirmation number
– Flight number
Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellation Fee
The first thing which comes to mind, while canceling a flight with Alaska Airlines is what fee would be charged for the flight cancellation. The passengers usually stress about it. But, with Alaska Airlines your stress is just gone.
- Alaska Airlines does not charge any cancellation fee for Main and First Class Fares. Travelers don’t have to pay any fee. It applies to both Domestic and international flights.
- Saver Fares were not eligible for cancellation. However, Saver fares purchased on or after July 19, 2023, can be canceled 14 days before departure. Alaska Airlines will charge 50% of the fare value as a cancellation fee.
- All fares including Saver Fare will not incur any cancellation fee if the ticket is canceled within 24 hours of purchase.
Alaska Airlines Refund Policy
Alaska Airlines has a straightforward refund policy. It applies to both refundable and non-refundable tickets.
- According to Alaska Airlines Refund Policy, travelers will receive a full refund if they cancel their Main Fare.
- Also, First-Class fare is eligible for a full refund.
- The refund will be provided according to the refundable and non-refundable fare.
- Refundable fares will get a full refund in their original source of payment. On the other hand, non-refundable fares will get a refund as travel credits.
- According to Alaska Airlines Refund Policy, travelers will get a 50% refund on the Saver fare value, only if they cancel the ticket 14 days before flight departure.
- Travelers will get a full refund if they cancel their booking within 24 hours of ticket purchase under the condition that flight departure should be more than 24 hours away.
Travelers can make a flight refund request to Alaska Airlines through multiple ways.
- By visiting alaskaair.com
- They can also call the Alaska Air phone number 800-252-7522.
- Travelers can also make a refund request through the online chat option.
The refund will be initiated within 7-10 business days back to the original payment method.
There can be times when Alaska Airlines cancels the flight of the passenger. There can be several reasons for it like the flight being overbooked the flight has been canceled due to bad weather conditions or due to some other emergency. If any such thing happens the Alaska Airlines company is liable to give a full refund to the passengers.
- Due to a flight canceled by Alaska Airlines, travelers either rebook their flight to an alternate date or they can seek a full refund.
- Alaska Airlines will provide a full refund in this situation irrespective of the fare class.
- Also, Alaska Airlines will waive the service fee at the time of rebooking.
Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy allows travelers to cancel their Main and First-Class tickets without incurring any cancellation fee. Flyers can also use the risk-free cancellation period to cancel their flight booking irrespective of the fare.
If the flight is canceled from Alaska Airlines end, then the airline will rebook the passenger to the nearest available flight with the same itinerary. It also gives the option to passengers to request a complete refund.
Since May 1, 2021, Alaska Airlines does not levy any flight cancellation fee. There will be no deductions and travelers can cancel their flights and receive a full refund.
In the case of a flight canceled by Alaska Airlines, travelers will receive a full refund. Flyers have to make a refund request through the “Manage Booking” option. They can also call the airline for a refund request.
What is Alaska Airlines 24-hour flight cancellation policy?
According to Alaska Airlines 24-hour Cancellation Policy, travelers will get a full refund if they cancel their booking within 24 hours of ticket purchase. All fares are eligible for the 24-hour policy. However, the policy applies to flights having departures more than 24 hours ahead.
If a traveler cancels their flight booking after the initial 24 hours of purchase of the ticket, then the standard Alaska Airlines Cancellation Policy will apply. Saver fares will not be eligible for a refund. Also, a refund will be provided in the form of travel credits for non-refundable fares.
The following tickets are eligible for online cancellation.
- Tickets that are purchased from the official platforms of Alaska Airlines.
- Bookings not containing unaccompanied minors.
- Also, group bookings cannot be canceled online.
- Saver Fare tickets.
Alaska Airlines provides a refund in 7 to 10 business days for online payments. On the other hand, it takes 20 business days for cash and cheque payments.