Last Updated on December 7, 2023 by Rick Spiegel
There may be times, that due to some hurry, the passengers might misspell their name on their Allegiant ticket. Therefore, Allegiant Airlines name change policy allows travelers to make corrections to their name.
According to Allegiant Airlines Name Change Policy, passengers are only permitted minor changes like fixing misspelled names, but only a few alphabets or characters by paying a fee. However, they can change their name in situations of divorce, marriage, or other reasons which can be supported by legal and verified documents.
- The passengers get the accessibility to change the misspelled names up to only 3 characters in the first-name flight ticket with Allegiant Air.
- The passengers can even change the last name on a flight ticket only if the passenger’s name is changed legally on account of marriage or divorce.
- If the passengers have booked the tickets by using the Trip Flex service, they are allowed to edit the booking up to one hour before the scheduled departure of the flight. Thus, they can make corrections in their name up to one hour prior to departure.
- If the passenger name is entered incorrectly at the time of booking, the passengers can correct it within 24 hours of the booking without extra charges.
- Travelers can also cancel their booking in the first 24 hours of the purchase online without paying any fee via the ‘Manage Travel’ option. After the passengers cancel the flight ticket, they can rebook it with Allegiant Air by giving the correct name.
- Types of Name Change on Allegiant Air
- How Do I Change Name on Allegiant Airlines Flight Ticket?
- What is Allegiant Airlines Name Change Fee
- Does Allegiant Allow Transfer of Ticket?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How do I fix a misspelled name on an Allegiant ticket?
- How much fee does Allegiant Air charge for a name change?
- What are the major name corrections as per the Allegiant Name Change Policy?
- How do I change my name for free on Allegiant Air?
- What documents do you need to change the name on Allegiant Air?
- Can an Allegiant Airlines flight ticket transferred to another person?
- How does Trip Flex fare help in name correction on Allegiant Air?
- Can I change the name on the Allegiant ticket if I just got married?
Before learning the steps to make name corrections on Allegiant Air flight booking, let us first get aware of the type of name changes.
There may be times when the passengers mistakenly make an error while filling up their name when booking a flight ticket with Allegiant. An error in the Name might not match with the original ID.
As per the name change policy of Allegiant Airlines, the passengers are allowed to make changes only once. Also, the passenger is only allowed to make changes UP TO 3 CHARACTERS.
Travelers can add a middle name to their flight booking. Also, travelers can prefer removing the middle name. Allegiant does not charge fees for adding/removing the middle name.
On Allegiant Air passengers are eligible to make corrections in their name due to marriage, divorce, or any other legal issue. Passengers will have to pay the name change fee. Travelers will have to provide the legal documents to support the name change at the time of check-in such as:
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce Agreements
- Adoption papers
- Court orders
How Do I Change Name on Allegiant Airlines Flight Ticket?
Travelers with incorrect names on their Allegiant Air bookings have a few options to rectify it. Flyers should reach out to the airline at least one hour before flight departure.
In case, the passengers misspell their name spelling, they need to follow the given steps if they want to change it via phone number:
- The passengers should contact Allegiant Airline by calling their toll-free number.
- Allegiant Airlines executive will ask for the confirmation number of the passenger’s ticket.
- Provide them with the information related to the legal name change, change in the last name, or any minor changes in the name spellings, as needed.
- Now, share the credit/debit card details to pay the name change fees.
- The executive will make the changes in the name and share the updated booking on the registered email address.
Travelers have to provide ID proof at the time of check-in to validate the changes.
If the passengers want to change their name at Allegiant Airlines through the official website, follow the given steps:
- The first step is to visit the official website: www.allegiantair.com for help.
- After that, log in with your email and password to the account to know the details of your booking.
- After that, click on the Manage Booking option.
- Next, enter the flight reservation number and passenger details.
- Finally, select the name change option.
- Complete the name change process and pay the fee if required.
What is Allegiant Airlines Name Change Fee
Allegiant Airlines charges a name correction fee for making amendments to the name.
- For making minor corrections in first and last names, Allegiant Air does not charge any fee.
- However, when due to name correction, Allegiant Air has to reissue the ticket, then passengers are liable to pay $75 as a name change fee. The traveler who amends their name due to marriage or divorce is likely to pay the above fees.
- If the traveler has a Flex ticket, then they can make one change in their booking for free up to one hour before flight departure. So, travelers with Flex fare can make name corrections once for free.
Allegiant Airlines has had some of the best policies and passenger-oriented facilities over the years. The airlines strictly follow the guidelines of DOT. Thus, according to the Allegiant Airlines Name Change Policy, travelers cannot transfer their tickets to another person.
Allegiant Airlines does not permit passengers to change the whole name on the ticket. It also does not permit the passenger to travel with a name not matching their ID proof.
Flyers who want to transfer their booking to another person have to cancel their booking and rebook with an alternate name.
You can correct the wrong spelling name on your Allegiant ticket in various ways. You can call the reservation department of the airline. You can also make the correction online at the official website. If you are unable to make changes via phone or online, they can visit the airline’s sales office.
Allegiant Air charges $75 for making major name changes. Travelers have to pay the name correction fees at the time of making amendments.
Allegiant Air Name Change Policy considers the following under the major name corrections.
- Name change due to marriage
- Amendment in name due to divorce
- Also, name corrections due to adoption
- Other legal changes
How do I change my name for free on Allegiant Air?
You can change the name on your Allegiant Air flight ticket for free within the grace period. The initial 24 hours after the purchase of the tickets allow passengers to make changes in their booking for free. You can use the grace period to make the necessary modifications.
You will need a few documents as supporting evidence for approval of the name change. Travelers should carry:
- Valid photo ID proof
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce agreements
Allegiant Airlines does not allow travelers to transfer the ticket to another person. Travelers with a different name on the ticket cannot travel on Allegiant. The airline prohibits such activities and takes strict action. The traveler’s name on the ticket should exactly match on government’s ID.
The Trip Flex fare provides the privilege of making name corrections once without any additional charges. Also, passengers can make the name corrections up to one hour before the flight departure.
Yes, you can change the name on your Allegiant flight ticket if you get married. If you have booked the ticket with a maiden name and want to amend it later after the marriage, then you can do it online. You have to provide legal documents as proof at the time of check-in.