Last Updated on February 13, 2024 by Rick Spiegel
While booking tickets the airline company provides the option of seat selection, which helps the passengers to select the seat as per their preferences. Passengers have the privilege to opt for a window, aisle, or middle seat. KLM Airlines also offers the opportunity to select the seats before the flight departure. However, travelers need to be aware of the KLM Seat Selection Policy to take advantage of it. Flyers can grab a better seat within their budget by learning it.
- Points to Remember
- What are the Seat Dimensions on KLM Airlines?
- How Do I Select Seats at KLM Flight?
- How to Reserve an Extra Seat on KLM Airlines?
- How to Upgrade Your Seat?
- Does KLM Charge for Seat Selection?
- Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
- Can you choose seats on KLM for free?
- Are KLM Economy Comfort seats worth it?
- Can I buy an extra seat on KLM Airlines?
- What is the difference between an Economy comfort seat and a Standard seat on KLM?
- Can passengers change their seats on KLM flights?
- What is the difference between economy and premium comfort on KLM?
- How do passengers reserve KLM Airlines flight seats?
- Is the KLM seat selection fee refundable?
- More On KLM Airlines
Points to Remember
- A passenger can select a seat once the check-in window opens.
- Travelers can select a standard seat at no additional cost. However, if the passengers want to book a preferred seat, then they have to pay additional charges.
- Passengers cannot make the seat selection after getting the boarding pass.
- Travelers can make advance seat selections only on KLM-operated flights.
- Flying Blue members have the privilege of selecting extra comfortable seats and regular seats at no extra charges or a discount.
- Also, travelers are eligible to get a refund for seat selection under a few circumstances that we will discuss later.
- Passengers can also purchase an extra seat on KLM Airlines.
What are the Seat Dimensions on KLM Airlines?
The dimensions of the seat on KLM Airlines vary according to the aircraft. However, the width and pitch of the seats are adequate for a comfortable journey. The Business Class seats are convertible to flatbed whereas Economy Class has standard seats.
How Do I Select Seats at KLM Flight?
Once the check-in window opens, passenger can make a seat selection request for their KLM flight. KLM Airlines opens the check-in window 24 hours before the flight departure.
Flying Blue Silver, Gold, and Platinum members can choose their seats for free before check-in. Flying Blue Silver and Gold Members can make a seat selection 72 hours before the flight. On the other hand, passengers with Platinum status can select a seat anytime.
KLM Airlines provides a user-friendly online platform to its passengers that allows travelers to change their seats before the flight. This convenient feature gives the passenger the freedom to customize their journey. To make a KLM seat selection online, passengers can follow these steps:
- Passengers can Visit the KLM Airlines website at www.klm.com.
- Now Click on the “My Trip” tab at the top of the page.
- After that, enter your “booking code” and “last name” to retrieve your booking.
- Passengers can select the flight for which they want to request a seat selection.
- Click on the “Seat selection” button.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to view the KLM seat map.
- Now, pick seats from the available vacancies.
- Lastly, pay the additional charges.
If passengers want to change their seat selection later, passenger can do so by clicking on the “Manage booking” tab and selecting the flight they want to change the seat selection for.
How to Reserve an Extra Seat on KLM Airlines?
- Travelers flying on KLM flights can also book an extra seat. KLM provides the facility to purchase an empty seat.
- According to KLM Airlines, the Empty seat is considered as standard Economy Class seats. It means that only standard seats in the Economy Class are available as ‘Empty Seats’.
- During the duration of the flight, no passenger will occupy the Empty seat next to you.
- Travelers can purchase the extra seat after completing the booking process. The additional charges will apply. Passengers can enjoy all the facilities they receive with the Standard Economy seats.
- However, travelers will not get any additional hand luggage allowance on the purchase of Empty seats.
- Travelers will receive a refund amount for the purchase of Empty Seat if KLM Airlines cancels the flight. Also, during the flight change if the airline is unavailable to provide extra seats, then the passenger is eligible for a refund.
KLM provides you with the option of seat selection while booking a flight with KLM. You are also provided with the option of a seat upgrade, in which you can pay an extra fee and get your seat upgraded as per your comfort. Passengers with booking on KLM flights can upgrade to higher cabin class even at the last minute. However, upgrades are subject to availability. Flyers with Economy Class tickets can upgrade to Premium Comfort and Business Class.
- Travelers can upgrade to higher cabin class while checking in online
- KLM also allows them to upgrade through the Kiosk machine at the airport even after checking in.
- Sometimes, KLM also provides last-minute upgrade offers for a particular flight segment of the itinerary.
Does KLM Charge for Seat Selection?
- If a passenger is willing to select a standard seat in Economy Class, then there are no additional charges.
- KLM Airlines doesn’t charge any additional amount for the seat booking for Flying Blue members with Gold, Silver, and Platinum status.
- However, normal passengers have to pay a seat selection fee on KLM Airlines to reserve a seat in Premium Comfort and Business Class.
- The seat selection fee ranges between $21 to $90. The price variation depends on the cabin class and flight route.
Travelers who have made paid seat selection are eligible for a refund. There are certain conditions that travelers should satisfy to receive a refund.
- If passengers cancel the booking within 24 hours of KLM seat selection, then they will receive a refund.
- The passenger’s KLM flight was canceled.
- If the airline changes the aircraft and does not allocate the same seat on the other aircraft, then travelers can request a refund.
- Passengers miss a flight due to KLM Airlines.
- The same seat number has been transferred to a different aircraft type, but it has changed features (for example, the window seat is now the middle seat).
- In case passenger is no longer seated next to their travel companion.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
Can you choose seats on KLM for free?
Yes, you can choose a seat on KLM Airlines for free. If you select a standard seat in Economy Class, then there are no additional charges. Also, if you are Flying Blue Gold, Silver, and Platinum members, then you can select a seat for free.
KLM Economy seats have a width of 17.5 inches and a pitch of 31 inches. The seats have 5 cm more legroom than standard seats on flights within Europe and 10 cm more on intercontinental flights. The seats are in front of the Economy Class and thus passengers can board quickly.
Yes, you can purchase an extra seat on KLM Airlines. Once you reserve a ticket on KLM, then you can buy an extra seat by paying additional charges. KLM permits extra seat purchase only as Standard Economy seats.
Both seats are inside the Economy Class. However, Comfort seats are at the front of the cabin. Thus, travelers can board and get off the plane easily. The Economy Comfort seats have more legroom space than Standard Seats. Also, standard seats do not have any charging outlets whereas Economy Comfort seats have power outlets.
KLM Airlines provides its passengers with the facility to edit or change their seat preferences by simply editing in the ‘My Trips’ option. However, this facility cannot be used by Economy passengers.
KLM Premium Comfort Class is higher than Economy Class. Economy Class seats have a width of 17.5 inches and a pitch of 31 inches. On the other hand, the Premium Comfort cabin has more comfortable seats with a pitch of 35 inches. Travelers get better amenities in the Premium Comfort Class.
The official website of KLM Airlines can be of use when reserving seats. On the first page, under the “My Trips” option, passengers can access their trip details. Under the KLM seat selection option, passengers can choose the seat they want and proceed with the reservation procedure by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
Is the KLM seat selection fee refundable?
Yes, KLM Airlines refunds the seat selection fee under a few circumstances.
- KLM cancels the flight.
- The airline does not allow the same seat in case of a flight change.
- Travelers cancel the flight within 24 hours of the purchase of a seat.