Last Updated on October 10, 2023 by Rick Spiegel
Summer in Michigan is incredibly vacation-friendly, and its freshwater beaches make for wonderful family vacations. Thousands of miles of shoreline await you in Michigan, making it easy for families to plan the perfect vacation. Explore unforgettable Michigan vacation spots your loved ones will adore if you plan a Michigan family getaway, summer break activities, or looking for vacation ideas. Read this blog wholeheartedly because we have compiled a list of the top-rated Michigan vacation spots to explore.
- It’s no surprise that Mackinac Island has recently been named the hottest summer vacation destination spot.
- Many people consider Mackinac Island to be one of their favorite vacation spots.
- It’s just so charming and magical.
- Mackinac Island stretches for eight miles between the upper & lower peninsulas.
- A short boat ride will get you to the island.
- Mackinac Island welcomes pets, making it one of the best Michigan vacation spots.
- One of Michigan’s most beautiful spots is Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
- Pictured Rocks have waterfalls, a beautiful shoreline, hiking trails, & beaches.
- Camping, kayaking & hiking are great ways to explore the ecosystem & unique landscape.
- If you want to feel daring, take one of the Pictured Rocks Cruises.
- This is an excellent way to see Pictured Rocks with the entire family.
- Grand Rapids is a wonderful place to explore during the summer months.
- Consider yourself fortunate if you enjoy craft beer.
- Grand Rapids, known as “Beer City USA,” is home to some of the country’s best breweries.
- Brewery, Founders, Vivant, The Mitten, and Jolly Pumpkin are just a few of the favorites.
- The Mitten Brewing Company is a great place to go for a beer and their famous pizza flight.
- Grand Rapids is also famous for its thriving arts scene. Therefore, spending a summer day at Sculpture Park & Frederik Meijer Gardens is preferable.
- The outdoor & indoor gardens, as well as the sculpture galleries, will delight the entire family.
- Public art can be found all over the city.
- Robert Indiana’s new LOVE sculpture is a must-see.
- You should enjoy it entirely because it is one of the most beautiful Michigan vacation spots.
- Saugatuck is a small town on Lake Michigan’s shores.
- You will enjoy the charming elegance of this West Michigan beach town.
- Some of the coolest options include admiring a vibrant art scene, going shopping, or spending a day at the beach.
- Saugatuck is a well-known artsy beach town with lots of things to do.
- Explore Holland, a charming town on Lake Michigan’s shores.
- Holland has something for everyone, from white sandy beaches to small-town charm to hiking trails and picking your own fruit.
- Lake Michigan activities include boating, swimming & paddling.
- Spend the day at one of Holland’s five public Lake Michigan beaches.
- If you’re in Holland during blueberry season, stop by one of the u-pick blueberry farms.
- One of the people’s favorite summer activities is picking blueberries.
- If you don’t want to pick your blueberries, many farms sell them already picked.
- These fantastic Michigan vacation spots should be thoroughly enjoyed and explored.
- From outdoor adventures and family fun to a romantic getaway, Ludington has something to offer everyone.
- At Ludington State Park, there are 18 miles of trails to explore.
- Then go for a walk on one of the eight well-marked trails.
- The Big Sable Point Lighthouse is in the park, a popular hiking destination.
- Don’t forget to stop by Ludington’s craft breweries for a beverage.
- It’s no surprise that this town on the west side of the state made a list.
- Grand Haven’s lighthouse and pier are two of the state’s most recognizable landmarks.
- This city has earned the titles of the best beach town in the state, best secret beach globally, and best retirement destination.
- It is a “must-see” for any Michigander, with a national park, camping areas, a 2.5-mile harbor-front boardwalk, a plethora of restaurants, sandy Lake Michigan beaches, and summertime fun.
- You can also try swimming in Lake Michigan’s icy waters!
- With its 987 acres, Belle Isle appears to be its peaceful world.
- In addition to an aquarium, trails, a fountain, a greenhouse, and picnic areas, the park is an oasis of calm.
- Aside from crossing the Windsor Bridge, Belle Isle is Detroit’s closest escape.
- In addition to picnic areas, ice cream trucks, & refreshments, you won’t go thirsty or hungry on vacation.
Also read: Top 10 Outdoor Activities In Denver
Capri Drive Inn
- This historic drive-in is one of Michigan’s best drive-ins, offering a hint of simpler times.
- Spread a blanket out and turn on the radio before gathering the kids, packing snacks, visiting concession stands, and spreading the blankets.
- You have a choice of four films to watch on screens.
- Experience the beauty of Michigan sunsets during the dusk-time showtimes.
- Undoubtedly this is one of the fantastic Michigan Vacation Spots
Ann Arbor Art Fest
- The Ann Arbor Street Art Fair is a 10-day event every year at the end of July.
- East Michigan residents have been visiting the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair since the 1960s, purchasing sculptures, pottery, paintings, trinkets, photographs, jewelry, and birdhouses.
- There are many shorelines and beaches to choose from, and the water is crystal clear.
- Clinch Park, however, is a favorite because it is close to the downtown area and offers kayak/boat rentals, a splash pad, and restrooms!
- You should also schedule a visit to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore.
- The water slides and rides at Michigan’s Adventure, the state’s largest amusement park, are not to be missed.
- Camp Snoopy will be held for the first time this year!
- At Muskegon Sports Complex, try the Dune Top Zip Line.
- White Pine Forest’s 1400 dual zip line is a thrilling experience.
Sault Ste. Marie
- Take out the maps and go exploring Michigan’s natural wonders.
- To get to Tahquamenon Falls, take the Toonerville Trolley.
- The day-long excursion includes a train and riverboat ride and exclusive access to one of Michigan’s most beautiful sights.
Michigan is a state that has a lot more to offer tourists than you might think. Forests, vibrant cities, beautiful coastlines, and a varied history make up the state. Furthermore, Michigan is an excellent state with various aquatic destinations for outdoor enthusiasts to visit. So get ready for more excitement and enjoy one of the fantastic Michigan Vacation Spots.
Also read: 10 Best Things To Do In San Diego