Last Updated on November 8, 2023 by Rick Spiegel
Are you planning your next trip with Qatar Airways? And you want to get your seat according to your choice? If this is what you are looking for, then you must be aware of the Qatar Airways seat selection. You can simply get the seat of your choice while reserving a seat with Qatar Airlines.
Qatar Airways makes it simple for its travelers to choose their preferred seats to upgrade the flying experience of the passengers. Under the Qatar Airways seat selection policy, Qatar Airways provides various seat categories. Let’s find out more about the policy.
What is Qatar Airways Seat Selection Policy?
Qatar Airways seat selection means a passenger can choose the standard seat of their choice. Qatar Airways is well known for its deluxe services and the comfort it offers its passengers flying to their favorite destinations. If you are flying on a long-haul flight, then it becomes a very important part of the trip to reserve seat selection.
Qatar Airways’ seat selection online service allows travelers to select their preferred seats prior to the departure of the flight. However, the flyer might require you to pay the fee, depending on the fare type. Here are some important points that you should keep in mind as a passenger while selecting your seat.
- If the passenger is traveling on a domestic flight with Qatar Airways, then they can select their seat within 24 hours of the boarding time.
- If a traveler is traveling on an international flight, then they can select their seat 48 hours before the departure of their flight.
- Passengers must visit the Qatar Airways counter and fill out a form to select their seat from the seats that are available at that moment if they have forgotten to select the seat earlier.
- If the flight ticket of a passenger is booked by the official representative of Qatar Airways then the passenger must reach out to the executive so that they can select their preferred seats.
- Qatar Airways offers special seats to those passengers who are physically disabled. However, the passenger must show their medical certificate to Qatar Airways officials.
- After getting the boarding passes or after the take-off of the flight, a flyer cannot make changes in their seats.
- Qatar Airways automatically allot seats to those passengers who don’t select their seats at the time of booking.
How Does Seat Selection at Qatar Airways Work?
There are a few factors, like frequent flyer status, fare type, and seat availability, which result in the fees of Qatar Airways seat selection.
Standard Seat Selection: The majority of fare categories of the standard seat selection are free from any charge.
If you are traveling in Economy Convenience or Economy Comfort, then you can request Qatar Airways seat selection after the reservation of your trip.
- An extra fee will be charged in case of extra-legroom seat choices.
- If you are a passenger of Classis Economy, then there is a fee for seat selection as well.
Preferred Seat: With the Economy, and Comfort fares, the option for the preferred seat is free of charge. However, if you are a Classic Economy passenger, then it might cost you some money.
Extra Legroom: You can make your whole trip experience comfortable by selecting your seat with extra legroom.
- You can see the seats which have extra legroom space available on the flight via the ‘My Trips’ tab.
- The bulkhead seats and escape rows have chairs with hand extra wide space.
Economy Reserve: To make your flight journey comfortable, a passenger can reserve a seat in Economy Reserve. Passengers can enjoy extra room for visiting families, extra area to stretch out, or can set up a relaxing workspace.
What Is Qatar Airways Seat Selection Process?
Passengers have the accessibility to different methods by which they can select their flight tickets from Qatar Airways.
There are three different ways by which a passenger can select their preferred seat:
- By selecting the center at the time of the flight reservation.
- Qatar Airways also allows you to make a seat reservation at the time of online check-in. However, it is important to make the reservation 90 minutes prior to the departure of the flight.
- My Booking Service is also a great option by which a passenger can select their seat.
Hence, the passenger can choose the seats online on Qatar Airways.
Methods Of Selecting A Seat Qatar Airways
Online Method Of Seat Selection
- The first step is to Go on your browser and search the official website of Qatar Airways.
- Now, log into the website with your email id.
- Once you are logged in, select the “My Trip” section and fill in all the required details.
- Next, you will see a new interface as your booking page.
- Now, Tap on the “Manage My Trip” option that you’ll see after Clicking on the three dots icon.
- Tap on the check-in option; it will take you to the check-in page.
- Now, add all the important details like arrival, destination, and contact information.
- After this, Tap on the “Selecting A Seat” option.
- Now, you will see a new interface on Seat Maps. Here, you can choose your preferred seat from the seats that are available at that time.
- Lastly, choose the “Confirm” option and make the payment to confirm your flight ticket.
Offline Method Of Seat Selection
You can also select your seat from Qatar Airways offline as well. So, to select your seat in offline mode, call the Qatar Airways customer care service team at (877) 777-2827. Make sure that you provide all the details to their team so that they can assist you in your flight’s seat selection. After getting your preferred seat, make the payment for confirmation.
Seat Selection Via Mobile Application
Qatar Airways has an alternative which is their mobile app that a passenger can use to select a seat on Qatar Airways. However, if you want to make a seat selection from the app, you need to download and log into your account. After this, passengers can choose their seats.
Qatar Airways Seat Selection Cost
|Cabin||Seat Types||Price Range Per Seat|
|Economy||Premium Economy||$83- $220|
|Economy||Extra Legroom||$39 – $165|
|Business Classic||Preferred Seats||$28-$`103|
|Business Lite||Preferred Seats||$33-$121|
|Economy Reserve||Adjacent Seats||$55- $165|
- In Business and Economy cabins, the seat-buying options are very limited.
- For Elite and First Elite classes and Business class, seat selection on Qatar Airways is available without any extra cost.
- Qatar Airways seat selection cost option offers all the Gold & Platinum privilege club members and their accompanying travelers the to select the desired see without any extra charges.
- If a passenger is traveling with their infants, no additional seat selection cost will be charged.
Seat Specification In Qatar Airways
There are three types of seats of Qatar Airways that a passenger can book and enjoy. However, some of their flights also offer first-class cabins. Passengers can check about the seat arrangement and booking classes of Qatar Airways seat selection Maps on the official website.
- The configuration of ‘Standard Economy’Seats is in 3-3 format.
- The legroom space of Qatar Airways economy class is very less.
- Seat size – Width is 17.5 to 18.5 inches and pitch is 31 inches.
- The premium economy seat configuration is in a 2-4-2 format.
- In comparison to the standard economy seats, passengers of the premium economy get more legroom space.
- Travelers also get noise-cancellation headphones and an amenity kit on the flight.
- Passengers who have long-haul flights get extra comfort in their seats.
- Seat size – Width is 18.5 inches and pitch is 31-33 inches.
- The seat configuration of the business class is in a 1-2-1 format.
- Qatar Airways provides ample legroom space for their passengers to relax.
- Laptop plug-in points and LCD screen is also provided to the travelers in front of their seats.
- Travelers also get noise-cancellation headphones and an amenity kit on the flight.
- Seat size – Width is 20- 22 inches and pitch is 60-80 inches.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Do you get to choose your seat on Qatar Airways?
Qatar Airways’ standard seat selection is accessible free of cost in most of the fares types. If a passenger is traveling in Economy Convenience or Economy Comfort, then they can select the standard seat absolutely free at any time.
2. What is the difference between the preferred seat and the standard seat in Qatar Airways?
- Preferred Seat – More space is allotted in the Preferred Seats in comparison to the standard seats because of their location.
- Extra Legroom – More legroom is offered in the Extra Legroom seats as compared to the standard seats. However, they provide slighter less personal space as they are situated near the galleys.
3. When can you select seats on Qatar Airways?
The Qatar seat booking procedure starts within 24 hours and before two hours of the boarding of the flight in case of domestic destination. On the other hand, in the case of the international destination, it starts within 48 hours and up to 4 hours before boarding.
4. What happens if a passenger skips the seat selection?
You can save money by skipping the seat selection. However, if you don’t choose a seat, Qatar Airways will randomly assign a seat for you.
5. What are the ways to select a seat on Qatar Airways?
Travelers can select the seats on Qatar Airways flights by visiting the official website or the app, or they can call the airlines executive.
6. How to select the seats online on Qatar Airways?
Passengers should go to the official website of Qatar Airways. After that, they should select the Manage Booking option. Enter the flight details to access the trip. Now, choose the ‘Select seat’ option. Choose the seat and pay the fees to complete the process.
7. Do I have to pay for seat selection on Qatar Airways?
Yes, travelers have to pay the seat selection fees. The fees vary according to the cabin class, routes, and the type of seats.
8. Why am I unable to select my seat on Qatar Airways?
You cannot select your seat if you haven’t reserved your ticket from the Qatar Airways sales office or from their official website.
9. How can one select Qatar Airways seats for free?
You can select the seats for free if you are a Gold & Platinum privilege club member. If you select standard seats, then on most of the fares, it is free. Only in case of preferred and extra legroom seats, there will be charges.
10. Can I call Qatar Airways for selecting a seat?
If a passenger is unable to reserve a seat through the app or the official website, then they can call the airline’s executive to select a seat on their behalf. The executive will explain all the details and complete the request.