Last Updated on January 10, 2024 by Rick Spiegel
Planning for a trip is always exciting, but the main part that makes the travel part stressful is staying under a budget. Your budget will get a hit if you choose an expensive flight. Therefore, you must book your flight beforehand to avoid unnecessary expenses. To save money you can use the Southwest Low Fare Calendar to reserve your flight with Southwest Airlines.
- What is the Southwest Low Fare Calendar?
- How Does The Southwest Low Fare Calendar Works?
- Rebook your Flight if Fare Drops Using Southwest Low fare calendar
- Perks of Using Southwest Low Fare Calendar
- Tips to Efficiently Use the Southwest Low Fare Calendar – Maximizing Savings
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What does the low-fare calendar mean for Southwest Airlines?
- What is the cheapest day to buy Southwest Airlines tickets?
- Where can you fly Southwest for $29?
- What does the ‘Wanna Get Away’ ticket mean with Southwest?
- Does Southwest Wanna Get Away Plus include early bird check-in?
- How to use Southwest 40% off?
- Do Southwest flights get cheaper last minute?
- What is the $40 Southwest charge?
- What is the difference between Southwest Anytime and Wanna Get Away fares?
- What happens if I cancel a Wanna Get Away flight on Southwest?
- More on Southwest Airlines:
What is the Southwest Low Fare Calendar?
Southwest is a low-cost carrier that is popular among its passengers due to its commitment to low fares and amazing services. One of the most useful tools to find an affordable trip is the Southwest Low Fare Finder.
- Southwest Best Fare Calendar is an online tool of Southwest Airlines that permits passengers to search flights on specific dates and check the lowest fares available in the upcoming days or months.
- Moreover, this tool makes it easy for the passengers by showing the lowest available flight fares for each day.
- In addition, with the help of this tool, flyers can search for roundtrip multi-city trios, and one-way trips as well.
- You will get all the flight prices either in dollars or in Rapid Reward Points.
- With the help of this feature, passengers can plan their trips and find the best deals at various travel destinations.
How Does The Southwest Low Fare Calendar Works?
You can easily use the Southwest Low Fare Finder Feature through the Southwest Airlines official website. Here are the simple steps to find and book the cheapest through the Southwest Low Fare Finder:
- Firstly, visit the official website of Southwest Airlines and tap on the Southwest Low Fare Calender tab.
- After that choose your departure and arrival airports along with your travel dates.
- Next, select your trip type if it’s a oneway, round, or multi-city trip.
- After adding all the details to the respective fields, tap on the ‘Search’ option.
- Next, you’ll get all the available flights with their ticket price.
- So, select both departure and arrival flights as per your budget.
- Once you select both flights, review the full fare including the fees and taxes.
- Then enter your personal details and make the payment to reserve your flight seat.
Note- On the Southwest Best Fare Finder feature, you can filter your search by fare type like Any Time, Wanna Get Away, Wanna Get Away Plus, and Business Select.
Rebook your Flight if Fare Drops Using Southwest Low fare calendar
Now that you know how to use Southwest Low Fare Calendar, you can step up your booking game even more.
Southwest has came up with an exceptional cancellation and flight change policies. If you cancel your flight before 10 minutes in advance of the flight then there will be no charge or cancellation Fee. While you won’t be charged any fee for a flight change buy you might have to pay the difference in fare if any for example, If the flight you’re trying to change costs more than the price you paid, you’ll pay the difference also If the price of the flight you want to change to is cheaper, then the difference amount will be credited back to your selected mode of payment.
With this generous change policy, you can even use this trick to rebook the same flight you already have paid for and get the difference credited to you. To do so you can go to Southwest official website and find your flight and if there is a difference in amount and its less then what you’ve paid before you can simply click on the change flight and book the flight with lesser amount and get the difference credited back to your account.
Note: If you paid in points, you’ll get refunded in points. If you have paid via nonrefundable Wanna Get Away fare, the refund will be in the form of a Travel Fund. You can easily view/Check Travel Fund when you log in to you Southwest Rapid rewards account similarly you can use them for future flights
Perks of Using Southwest Low Fare Calendar
While booking your flight with Southwest Airlines, it is important for you to know the benefits of Southwest Low Fare Finder. Here are a few of the benefits of using this calendar:
- One of the advantages of using this fare calendar is that it provides the opportunity to book flights to different destinations at an affordable price.
- Moreover, Southwest Airlines shares amazing promo codes and deals with the passengers who reserve their flight tickets using the fare finder calendar of Southwest Airlines.
- If you want to book the complete destination package for your booking with this airfare calendar, then it will also help you to find the right time to purchase your travel ticket.
Tips to Efficiently Use the Southwest Low Fare Calendar – Maximizing Savings
Here are some of the useful hacks that can help you in using the Southwest Best Fare Finder as a better way to save more money:
- Be flexible with your travel dates: The Southwest Low Fare Finder tool allows its flyers to reserve the cheapest flight across a range of dates. Passengers can save more money on their airfare by simply being flexible with their travel dates.
- Book early: Southwest Airlines allows its travelers to make a reservation at least six to seven months in advance. Therefore, the flyers should book their flight ticket early to grab better deals.
- Consider alternative airports: If the passengers are flying to a major city, then they should consider flying to a nearby airport instead of the far one. By doing so they can save a significant amount on their airfare.
- Use Southwest’s “Wanna Get Away” fares: Southwest Airlines offers four fare types – Anytime, Wanna Get Away, Wanna Get Away Plus, and Business Select. So, to save more money, travelers must select the ‘Wanna Get Away’ fare type as they are the cheapest fares under the low-fare calendar.
- Check back frequently: Flyers should check the airfare prices of Southwest flights as they are updated regularly. So, it would be beneficial for the passengers to check back frequently to get better deals.
Note – By following the above travel hacks, travelers can make the most of the Southwest Best Fare Finder and save money on their flight reservations.
Southwest Low Fare Calendar is an online feature that shows all the available flights on Southwest for any given month. This tool is helpful for passengers as it helps in finding the cheapest flights for their selected destinations.
If you want to book the cheapest flight on Southwest Airlines, then you should reserve your flight tickets on Tuesday. On Tuesday you can get the best and most affordable flight to your favorite destinations on Southwest Airlines
If you are using the Southwest Low Fare Calender, the $29 fares are available on flights to the following destinations:
- San Diego
- Long Beach
- Los Angeles
Wanna Get Away is a fare type that you’ll get on the Southwest best fare finder. This type of fare is generally reusable, but not fully refundable. This means that if you cancel your reservation, the value of your ticket can be applied to your future trip with Southwest Airlines.
Yes, the EarlyBirch Check-in is included with the purchase of an Anytime fare through Southwest low fare finder. However, for all the Wanna Get Away Plus Fare and Wanna Get Away Plus, EarlyBird Check-in can be purchased up to 36 hours before the departure of their flight departure.
If you want to use the Southwest 40% off, then you can use the 400OFF promo code on the official website while booking your fight. While selecting your flight, the savings in your base fare will be visible.
No. The reason behind it is that the flight tickets get more expensive when the departure time is near. Therefore, to avoid the last-minute rush avoid booking your flight at the last minute.
Southwest Airlines charges $40 of their flight from the passengers to allow them to board the flight early. If any passenger pays this amount, then they not only get the priority boarding facility but are also permitted to sit right next to their kids
There are 4 types of fares on the Southwest Low fare finder. Two of them are Anytime and Wanna Get Away fares. The main difference between these two fares is the point earning rates and refundability. Also, Anytime fares can be refunded as cashback but the Wanna Get Away fares can be refunded as future travel funds
The Wanna Get Away fares are the non-refundable tickets. However, the value of these ticket types will be converted to transferable flight credits or flight credits. These credits can be used to purchase a future flight ticket.