Last Updated on January 10, 2024 by Rick Spiegel
There may be times due to some mistake or in a hurry the passenger may enter his/her wrong name or due to typing mistake there can be an issue in the name’s spelling. This can only be rectified to the original and valid name or the minor’s name. A completely new name would not be accepted. To get the corrections in the middle name or surname the passenger must have valid proof, stating his/her correct name.
There can be various reasons because of why a passenger gets his surname changed, like, divorce, marriage etc. For a minor’s surname change the reason can be mainly adoption. So, to get the name change on SouthWest Airlines, there are several official steps that one should consider and know well about the Southwest Airlines name change policy.
- How Does SouthWest Airlines Name Change Policy Works?
- Name Correction Fee On SouthWest Airlines
- Change Name on SouthWest Airlines Flight Ticket
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can I change the name on the Southwest Airlines ticket?
- Can I transfer the Southwest ticket to another person?
- How long does Southwest take to change the name?
- What documents do passengers need to change their name on Southwest bookings?
- What is the fee to change your name on Southwest Airlines?
- How to request the name change on Southwest Airlines?
- Does Southwest require a middle name on the ticket?
- How do I change my name on my Rapid Rewards account?
- More on Southwest Airlines:
The Name Change policy of SouthWest Airlines provides the facility to change the name on the tickets. This makes it very comfortable and easy for the passenger to change the name if they are misspelled.
According to the name change policy of SouthWest Airlines, the company provides the facility to change the name if it matches the valid government ID. Also, the Date of Birth and gender should be the same as that on the ticket and ID proof.
Travelers can make the following corrections in their name.
● Spelling correction in passenger’s name.
● Also, spelling correction in the passenger’s last name.
● Swap the name with a nickname or nickname with the original name.
● Changes in the title.
● Also, addition or removal of middle name.
There may be times when there might be some major name change that might require proper document verification. Listed below are some of the basic documents needed for the name change process.
● The divorce agreement.
● Marriage certificate.
● Affidavit stating your old and new name.
● Any other legal document listing your old and new name.
SouthWest Airlines provides its passengers with the option to submit an affidavit stating their old and new names. This affidavit will be considered as a legal document and the passenger’s name will be changed accordingly.
The affidavit stating your new name should be attached with a government-verified ID. This is another way to make corrections to your SouthWest Airlines flight ticket, without any charges.
- If you are willing to change your name on the flight ticket you should be aware of the policies, terms, and conditions of Southwest Airlines.
- If you want to change your name on the ticket of your flight, $75 will be charged if you do it within 24 hours of booking the flight.
- If the name change is done after 24 hours then $100-$200 will be charged to change the name on your flight ticket with SouthWest Airlines.
So, to avoid any name change fee, passengers should check twice before submitting their details.
Change Name on SouthWest Airlines Flight Ticket
There are two very basic methods to change the name on SouthWest Airlines flight booking.
The first method is to call 800-864-8331 and request a name change. It is a toll-free number which is available 24*7.
The other method is to visit the official website of SouthWest Airlines-unitedAirlines.com.
- Login to your SouthWest Airlines account, and select Manage Reservations.
- Select the flight.
- After that, choose the Name Change option.
- Make the necessary corrections.
- At the end click on the ‘confirm’ button.
The Facility Provided by SouthWest Airlines for the change in the passenger’s name is solely for the passenger’s convenience. Rectifying this error with SouthWest Airlines is super easy and convenient.
Travelers can make corrections and change their name on Southwest Airlines flight tickets. Passengers cannot make name corrections after check-in.
Yes, you are eligible to transfer a Southwest ticket to another person. If you have Business Select or Anytime fare, you can change the ownership of the ticket.
Travelers can modify the name on the Southwest ticket very quickly. It takes only a few minutes. Even in case of legal name changes, the executive will check the ID and marriage or divorce papers and change the names in less than 10 minutes.
Travelers need to possess any of the listed documents below:
- The divorce agreement
- Marriage certificate
- Affidavit stating your old and new name
- Government ID proof
If you want to change your name on the ticket of your flight, $75 will be charged if you do it within 24 hours of booking the flight. If the name change is done after 24 hours then $100-$200 will be charged to change the name on your flight ticket with SouthWest Airlines.
Travelers can call Southwest Airlines at 800-864-8331 to request name change assistance at any time of the week. Also, they can change the name ticket on their own by retrieving trip details through Manage Reservations.
It is not mandatory to enter the middle name on Southwest Airlines flight tickets. But, it is compulsory to enter the last name and first name. Travelers should mention the name on the ticket as on their government ID.
For spelling mistakes, you can contact the airline. However, in case of legal name changes you need to provide divorce/marriage/adoption documents. You will have to email the documents along with the name, address, phone number, and Rapid Rewards account number.