Last Updated on January 11, 2024 by Rick Spiegel
There is nothing worse than being stuck at the airport waiting for your flight which is delayed due to American Airlines’ fault. However, the airline compensates for it by providing a food voucher to all the flyers whose flight is delayed. Although, every traveler needs to know how to use the American Airlines meal voucher.
Hence, if you want to know the answer to this question, read this blog. Here we’ll discuss how this food voucher works, its benefits, eligibility, how to redeem it, and much more.
- How do American Airlines Meal Vouchers Work?
- When Are You Entitled to Meal Vouchers During an American Airlines Flight Delay?
- Some Benefits of Using Meal Vouchers on American Airlines
- How to Redeem American Meal Vouchers?
- Where Can I Use American Airlines Meal Vouchers?
- Does an American Airlines Food Voucher Have an Expiry Date?
- How Much Does an American Airlines Meal Voucher Cost?
- Is it possible to sell the American Airlines Food voucher?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How does an American Airlines meal voucher work?
- Can you use airline meal vouchers anywhere?
- Does American Airlines provide meal vouchers for delayed flights?
- How long are American Airlines vouchers good for?
- Can American Airlines meal vouchers be used outside of the airport?
- Where can I use my AA food voucher?
- Can I get cash instead of a food voucher?
- Can I sell my American Airlines food voucher to someone else?
- More on American Airlines:
American Airlines offers a meal voucher to its passengers when they experience any discomfort and inconvenience during their travel. So, when American Airlines offers meal vouchers to such travelers it tries to compensate for their travel experience.
Furthermore, a meal voucher is a great resource that helps you pay for food and non-alcoholic drinks you can order at any hotel or restaurant. Passengers should use the meal voucher to order snacks, beverages, and dinner during their flight.
- American Airlines offers a meal voucher when you miss your connected flights. You can use it for ordering a meal that covers the costs of your meal during your journey.
- You get meal vouchers in different formats, including paper, electronic, prepaid cards, or digital codes. Moreover, they can be used at selected airport restaurants or food outlets.
- American Airlines meal voucher comes with an expiry date. Therefore, you must redeem your food voucher within the given time frame.
There are two elements to this – the flight was late due to American Airlines’ fault and the length of the delay (exceeds three hours). If both conditions are fulfilled, then the passenger is entitled to get a meal voucher from the airline.
Thus, American Airlines offers food vouchers to its passengers when their flight is delayed for more than three hours and the reason for the delay is their fault. So, if the flight is late due to a lack of crew members, or a mechanical issue, then American Airlines will offer a meal voucher. However, if the flight is late due to extremely bad weather or any air traffic control, the airline will not compensate the flyers with a food voucher.
There are multiple perks of using an American Airlines meal voucher. Some of them are given below:
When American Airlines offers meal vouchers to its flyers it brings comfort and convenience to the travelers, especially during some unexpected travel disruptions. So, when the flyers get complimentary meals while waiting for a delayed flight or during a long layover, it helps them to save on unnecessary expenses.
American Airlines understands that each flyer traveler has different preferences and dietary requirements. Therefore, the meal vouchers offer the facility to select from a wide range of dining options, catering to diverse culinary preferences. So, the passengers get everything from a quick snack to a hearty meal.
The provision of meal vouchers demonstrates American Airline’s commitment to passenger satisfaction. Offering meal vouchers to travelers not only helps to alleviate the discomfort caused by the delays but also serves as a gesture of goodwill from the airline to the valued flyers. Moreover, it showcases the airline’s dedication to going the extra mile to meet the needs of those traveling with the airline.
When the passengers receive the meal voucher from American Airlines, they can redeem the voucher either on its official booking website or after reaching the airport. Moreover, it depends on the meal voucher and how a flyer gets it. So, travelers can use a credit card number, QR code, zip code, and the CCV to redeem an American Airlines meal voucher.
Moreover, travelers can follow the quick steps given below to redeem a meal voucher with American Airlines:
- The first step is to visit the official website of American Airlines, and then go to the American Airlines eVoucher section and enter all the required booking information.
- Next, they’ll get a link to the e-voucher sent to their email, which they need to select to get direct access to the same page.
- In the end, they need to enter the e-voucher code and the pin on the retrieval page and redeem their meal voucher for the food order at the airport’s restaurant.
American Airlines compensates its travelers for the inconvenience by providing them with food vouchers. But the first question that might arise in a flyer’s mind is where they can use the American Airlines meal voucher. Well, they can use their food voucher at a convenience store, restaurant, or cafe. Moreover, they have a large variety of drinks and food to choose from.
All they need to do is hand over their food voucher to the vendor while ordering their food. Moreover, they can enter the meal voucher number and PIN exactly as written on it if they are using an e-version of the food voucher.
Although passengers can get almost every drink with their American Airlines food voucher. But you cannot purchase beer, wine, or spirits. Also, if their meal costs more than the worth of a voucher, in such case, flyers can decide their preferred method to pay the remaining amount.
Moreover, passengers can redeem their food vouchers at most of the restaurants at the airport for buying food and non-alcoholic beverages. Passengers can redeem the food voucher at the following restaurants:
- Shake Shack
- Panda Express
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Dickey’s Barbecue Pit
Yes, the American Airlines food voucher has an expiry date. The food voucher provided by American Airlines expired one year from the date of issue. However, there are some food vouchers whose expiry period can be more or less.
In addition, to get more details on your meal voucher’s expiry date or the perks, you must read all the terms and conditions mentioned on it. Also, if you want to use the American Airlines food voucher, then you must apply it to your reservation while making a booking online.
Passengers on American Airlines can purchase a meal voucher and it will cost them around $12. However, the price of an AA meal voucher also depends on the cabin and your destination. Flyers can purchase the voucher either from the official website of American Airlines or via the mobile application. To get more details on the food voucher, passengers should seek help from the airline representatives.
No, it is not possible to sell the food voucher of American Airlines. American Airlines has strict rules and regulations against selling vouchers and high-tech security that they can use to catch passengers. So, if the traveler tries to sell the voucher to anyone, the airline will automatically mark their voucher missing. Thus, the flyer who was selling the voucher won’t be able to use it.
However, if the traveler wants to get cash for their voucher, then they should find a negotiable restaurant at the airport. The restaurant will return it to American Airlines for payment.
American Airlines offers a meal voucher to its flyers if their flight is delayed. Passengers can use this food voucher to purchase the food or beverages of their choice.
No, you cannot use the airline meal vouchers anywhere. Passengers can redeem the voucher at any participating location defined by the merchant code ‘Food’, ‘Dining’, or ‘Restaurant.’
Yes, American Airlines provides meal vouchers for passengers if their flight is delayed. So, if the flight of a passenger is late for 3 or more hours, then the passenger is eligible for a food voucher.
As per American Airlines policy, passengers must redeem their food voucher within one year from the issue of the date. After one year the food voucher expired.
Yes, American Airlines meal vouchers can be used outside of the airport. Flyers can use these vouchers in person at the airport or any cafe, inside or outside the airport.
You can use your AA food voucher in multiple food chains. These food chains include – Wendy’s, MacDonald’s, Subway, Shake Shack, Panda Express, and so on.
Yes, you can get cash instead of a food voucher. For this, you need to find out a negotiable restaurant at the airport. And then you can ask them to convert your food voucher into cash.
No, you cannot sell your American Airlines food voucher to someone else. If you do so, then the airline will automatically mark your voucher as missing and you’ll not be able to use it even for yourself.